Re: strange disk access

BTP wrote:
Hello, I hope maybe one of you can point me in the right direction to do my
research here...

on my debian system (on my laptop) for the first time and for no reason my
disk accesses started going crazy and really bogging down the system for
about half a minute. I couldn't even open a terminal window to check the
process tasks...

How would I go about tracking down exactly what this disk access was all
about? It might have been just swapping but I don't know if it would get
that bad and whether it normally swaps without such problems...

You can get a lot of information from top. However, I suspect prelink,
if you have it installed.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.