Re: Azureus and the TCP port 6881

On Monday 30 January 2006 17:59, Marcelo Chiapparini wrote:
>Dear debianners,
>
>I've just installed Azureus as my .torrent client. During its
>configuration the wizard checks for the 6881 TCP port reporting the
>following message: "Testing port 6881...   NAT error". I would like to
>know how to open this port. I've surfed the list, googled the web
>without success. I am wired to the Internet by an ADSL connection. I
>wonder if this problem involves my Internet provider...
>Thanks in advance for any help!

More than likely you'll need to setup a NAT rule in iptables. I have
the NAT being done in the router, by forwarding this range of ports
directly to this machines address.  Its all setup in the router for
that.

But I also have to open up iptables a wee bit on my firewall box, with
this rule:
#!/bin/bash
BTFORWARDADDR=192.168.xx.3 PORTSTART=6881 PORTEND=6999
/sbin/iptables -A FORWARD -s $BTFORWARDADDR -p tcp --dport $PORTSTART:
$PORTEND -j ACCEPT
Where the "xx" is a real number of course.

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are: