Installing Sarge3.1 r1a on latest SATA ICH8 chipset

Hello,

Need help installling Sarge 3.1 on SATA hard drive. The motherboard uses the ICH8 chipset which is not be supported by this release of debian. Need to load the drivers for SATA, not sure how in expert26 mode. I also don't know where to get the exact driver from and what format etc?

For details on the system you can lookup hp compaq dc7600 Convertible Minitower on hp.com

The system does have one IDE controller for the cd drive. May need to install to a regular ide drive then to sata drive with new kernel with added support for "ICH8 SATA". Any documentation on that? I've come across some caveats about running the hard drive and cd rom on the same controller requiring some driver order steps. Any confirmations on this?

Thanks,
Lorenzo