Re: apt-get invalid signature again

On Sat, Jan 28, 2006 at 10:15:33AM -0800, Ross Boylan wrote:
> Starting last night I see
> W: GPG error: http://localhost sarge/updates Release: The following signatures were invalid: BADSIG F1D53D8C4F368D5D Debian Archive Automatic Signing Key (2005) <ftpmaster@debian.org>
>
> Anyone know what's up?  I don't see messages about this latest
> occurrence.
>
> I'm a little frustrated how frequently this seems to happen; all these
> false positives (I'm assuming that's what the latest is) undercut the
> value of the security system.

	apt-get install debian-archive-keyring

	apt-key update

and you should be OK. You may also want to look at the Debian Secure-APT
HOWTO on the Debian wiki at wiki.debian.org

As somebody said, this is because you haven't got the 2006 key
installed. This should only happen once a year or so: the fact
that secure apt was only really introduced in September/October
means that we've seemingly hit teething problems twice in six months :)

HTH,

Andy