Re: THE END OF THE WAR IN IRAQ!

On Friday 27 January 2006 7:05 am, Jerry and/or Susan Atlansky wrote:
> THE END OF THE IRAQ WAR
>
> UNITED STATES PETITION
>
> JANUARY 25, 2006
>
> We The People, majority of peaceful Americans of these great 50 United
> States & Territories, do hearby state that since we declared war on Iraq
> in 2003 without being in any imminent threat against our country, we now
> respectfully demand a clear and binding withdrawal of all our military
> personnel from the entire country of Iraq.
>
> On January 1, 2007 if all of our military are not out of Iraq by that
> date, We The People will on that date “STAND UNITED” as long as it takes
> by not performing our vocations excluding emergency services, until it
> is officially declared we are free from the occupation of Iraq and our
> war is over.
>
> We will be the first country in the world to end a war by We The People,
> staying at our homes because the U.S. Government failed to listen to our
> needs and desires.
>
> This document has been sent to hundreds of organizations throughout the
> U.S. and it’s territories.
>
> PLEASE join us by signing this petition for the power of, WE THE
> PEOPLE---------------

Your kidding right?  You honestly believe that our president and his
supporters want to have troops in Iraq any longer than necessary?  This war
is already on the verge of costing the Republican party the House, Senate,
and Presidency come the next election.  I believe it is in everyones best
interest to see a timely end to this war, but not an abrupt and unorganized
withdraw.

The repercussions of an immediate and complete withdraw would be tremendous.
It would likely only give fuel to anti-American terrorist organizations
operating in Iraq and elsewhere; they would only have to point out how we
destroyed the infrastructure of their country, killed thousands of their
people, and then just left them to rebuild and defend themselves from their
violent factions... I bet that enrollment would quadruple overnight.

--
Joseph H. Fry
Network Administrator