Re: KVM mini switch on Testing (Etch)

On Thu, 26 Jan,  Andrew M.A. wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 10:56:52AM -0800, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> > On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 16:44:03 +0000 (GMT)
> > N.Pauli <npauli@st-johns.org.uk> wrote:
> >
> > > Dear All,
> > >
> > > I've just installed Etch. From previous installs (Ubuntu and Sarge) I've learnt to disconnect my KVM (keyboard, video, monitor) switch during the install but it has always worked afterwards. Now, though
> if I switch from my XP Pro box to my box running Etch the mouse is out of control; moving the mouse causes the pointer to race all over the screen and open things at random. The only change I've made in
> moving to Etch is moving to xserver-xorg.
> >
> > well, does the mouse work properly when directly connected to the box? youlikely have a mis-configured mouse.

The mouse works correctly when connected directly to the machine and also when connected to the KVM switch as long as the XP machine is switched off.

> >From a text console on VT1 or wherever as root:
>
> dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg -plow

What does the -plow option turning up after the name of the package do? I've looked in man dpkg-reconfigure and there's no mention of it.

--
Nigel Pauli
Network Manager