kontact / kmail crashing on start and losing settings

Hi,

I'm running AMD64 sid and I am experiencing an exceedingly annoying problem
with Kontact. I think the problem is actually Kmail as when I try and run
Kmail on it's own I see the same problem. Anyway, the symptoms:

When I start Kontact almost immediately exits with a SIGSEGV. It last just
about long enough to flash up the window before exiting. Starting it from the
command line doesn't really show anything useful (Sorry I forgot to get the
output). Repeatedly opening kontact or kmail shows exactly the same behaviour
every time.

The only way I have found to fix this is to open thunderbird (or another mail
client) and move the message in the inbox into another folder (eg delete my
spam). Then kmail works fine. Thinking it was choking on one of the messages
I tried moving them back into the inbox to see if that would trigger the
problem again - it didn't.

The most annoying part of the problem, however, is that kmail forgets all of
it's per directory settings when this problem occurs such as expiry times,
"act on new mail in this folder" and threaded view. It also has to rebuild
it's local cache of messages (the account is on an IMAP server). Having a
look at the sizes of the .index files for this account (under
~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/imap) seems to indicate that kmail deletes them or
empties them when it crashes which I suspect is why the settings are being
lost.

Does anyone have any idea what is going on? More specifically any idea on how
I can stop this happening :o)

Cheers,
Graham