Re: kde status in Etch

Hello

H.S. (<hs.samix@gmail.com>) wrote:

> Okay, I did an upgrade but have lost two major things (among others),
> vlc and k3b. What version of k3b do you have?

Sorry, but there /is/ no k3b in etch, and there /won't/ be any k3b in
etch until KDE in etch is upgraded from 3.4 to 3.5. Until about a week
ago, there would have been an chance to get all the additional KDE
packages (amarok, kaffeine, k3b) from unstable, because unstable had
the same KDE version that was in etch, but you obviously missed the
chance. If you want to upgrade to the latest KDE in etch, you need to
deinstall nearly all KDE programs that are not part of KDE itself.
Getting those packages from unstable is also not an option, because
those packages are simply not compatible. Your only chance is to find
old versions on http://snapshot.debian.net. You need:

k3b and libk3b2 0.12.10-1
amarok and amarok-engines 1.3.7-1
kaffeine and kaffeine-xine 0.7.1-1.3+b1

I don't know about vlc, so you probably will have to do some search on
your own.

best regards
        Andreas Janssen

PGP-Key-ID: 0xDC801674 ICQ #17079270