Re: tool to convert html to latex

Johannes Wiedersich wrote:

> Any ideas?
>
> I found gnuhtml2latex (on debian sarge), but that one has as mayor
> drawbacks:
> - poor/wrong rendering of spcial characters (eg. umlauts)
> - supports only latex 2.09
>
> I have a rather long html document (many pages), that looks just awfull
> as html.  Transition via html2text would require to manually reformat
> bold and italic text and also renders 'special characters' (like ") badly.
>
> Thanks,
> Johannes

A clue:

a time ago, I tried a filter for OpenOffice (1.1.x) which allow to export a
document as tex file. (I think OpenOffice can open html files.)

I needed several tries to configure it and get the result I wanted.
This filter did a good job but it can't guess what is a section or not.

I think it was here:
http://www.hj-gym.dk/~hj/writer2latex/

Xavier