Re: Mozilla: howto block java for certain servers was: howto *really* 'accept images that come from the originating server only'?

Johannes Wiedersich wrote:

[...]

Closer inspection shows that this is not due to the embedded images, but
the source code contains javascript as well that is pointing to the
external server.

NB 2: I consider this a security hole:

It would be nice, if site specific configuration of java and/or
javascript was possible with Mozilla as is implemented for images,
popups etc.

Try the "noscript" extension. It allows you to manage javascript
permissions on a per-site basis. All javascript is forbidden by default
and you get a small icon on the bottom of your browser window which
indicates the javascript-status of the current site. You can then change
the permissions via a handy pop-up menu when you click on this icon. I
like especially that it allows me to use the javascript functionalities
of a certain site while still blocking all the embedded javascript from
other sites (which is normally related to marketing and user tracking).

Unfortunately I don't know of any comparable extension for java. The
"prefbar" extension will at least allow you to switch it on and off
quickly without having to go three levels deep into the preferences
menu.

Regards,
           Florian