Mozilla: howto *really* 'accept images that come from the originating server only'?

I have set up Mozilla to 'only accept images that come from the originating server'. (Preferences --> privacy --> images). The images of third-party servers per se are blocked (ie. not shown).

However, whenever Mozilla finds a link to an external image within a page, Mozilla still sends a request to the corresponding third-party web-site -- even though in image manager the site is explicitly listed as 'site cannot load images'.

(This hit is totally unnecessary from the view of the user, since the image is blocked and not shown anyway. However the _third-party site_ will get at least the information from which IP a user has requested which website).

In short, I would like to have a way to make certain:

- If I point a browser to site www.xyz.org no connection to any other site is established without my prior expressed consent.

- Whenever a site requires to load third-parties' content (images or other), a referer to that url is displayed and I can opt to download data from that site or not.

- If I opt 'no', no information whatsoever is sent to the third-parties' web server.

Are there any settings I overlooked in Mozilla?
Are there any alternative browsers providing these feature?

Thanks,

Johannes

<------ Background info (no joke!): ----->

The web sites of my bank contain little images (size: 1 pixel) from a big advertising company. According to the information of my bank this is required for providing apropriate banner ads when visiting their site. In other words these images are there to inform a third party as to when and which sites I visit on my bank's pages; it's not there to actually show an image. To perform its task of providing me with the 'appropriate' ads, the third-party web site will know which sites I visit on my bank's home page (ie. whenever I view the balance, make a booking, look at share prices (including at which share prices I look!), fonds etc. etc.).

Of course, I don't want a big advertising company or any one else to know when I look at my account or when I book anything etc. Similar behaviour, unfortunately, can be found on many web sites; however, to accidentially observe it on the servers of your own bank probably tops it all...

Are there any suggestions how to block these outgoing requests to third party web servers?

NB: I set the firewall on my sarge box to block all outgoing connections to the relevant servers now. But what will happen, if the bank points their external images to a different site? I also don't want to have to set up all cases manually. (Having configured the firewall, I now see these as 'blocked connections'.)

NB 2: I consider this a security hole: when I block a site to load images, I want this site to be blocked!

NB 3: Is this actually a bug in Mozilla or am I overlooking a hidden 'feature'? But then again it should not be in the 'privacy and security' section of the preferences...