Re: Hotplugging more USB devices

Paul E Condon wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 24, 2006 at 05:50:03PM -0600, Ken Bloom wrote:
>>
>> http://www.reactivated.net/writing_udev_rules.html

Thank you a lot, guys! This explanation is really great.

So, my external hard disk gets already mapped to /dev/exthd and
/dev/exthdX for the partitions.

Two questions left:

* How do I get these partitions "auto"mounted. I think I remember to
have read that with hotplug installed you only need to set an entry
within /etc/fstab. Unfortunately, it does not get mounted.

* What if I turn off my external hard disk? Is there also a way to get
everything undone automatically? umount, "un"dev

best regards,
  Ralph