Re: How do you stop "auto-selection" in KDE?

Scott wrote:

I'm running KDE 3.5 in Debian Sid.

A few days ago I'd found a setting that read something like "Hovering over icons automatically selects them" and I checked it.

A day later I realized this was very annoying and wanted to turn it off. Not only does it auto-select icons, it auto-selects items in a list as well (e.g. the lists in Kcontrol (be they text lists or icon lists).

But try as I might, I can't remember where I found the setting in the first place. I've looked in the "logical" places in Kcontrol such as...

Appearances & Themes -->"Icons"
Desktop --> "Behavior"
Desktop --> "Window Behavior"
KDE Components --> "File Manager"

After having gone through those over and over, I went through everything in Kcontrol in case I'd somehow overlooked something.

Obviously, I have or you'd not be reading this. But for the life of me I can't figure out what I'm overlooking.

This question seems downright stupid (after all I first used KDE back in 1998) but I'm grasping at straws here.

S0 then, where do I turn this back off? :-)

Thanks.

Regards,

Peripherals --> Mouse...  did the same thing myself....  :)

--
Blessings

Wulfmann

Wulf Credo:
Respect the elders. Teach the young. Co-operate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between.