Re: Can't chmod a file

Mike McCarty wrote:

Igor Milovanovic wrote:

First, I suggest you put a reasonable subject on your messages.

I have this file:

-rwx------   1 f13o f13o 7.1K 2003-06-12 14:08 ppmtolss16

and i can't (?!) chmod it to 755 as user f13o?

This hasn't happened to me... please, help.

Are you getting an error message?

I was able to recreate this problem by creating a directory
fred, and putting barney.txt into it. I then took off write
and execute priviledge from fred. Make sure that you have
write and execute access to the directory your file is in.

Mike

You might also want to run "lsattr" against the file to make sure there aren't any hidden attributes, such as immutable bits, on the file.

--
Kent