Re: Re: how to read a .msg file

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 lane.erickson@verizon.com wrote:

> Did you ever figure out how to read a .msg file?  A friend of mine sent
> me a file that she says is 'music' but Outlook won't open it or anything
> else I've tried.  Any ideas?

I am a little puzzled by the question on this list, as Outlook isn't
exactly part of any Debian distribution I know :-)

Anyway, if you want to extract any files that are in the msg file in
Debian, just pipe it through a utility like munpack, metamail or
uudeview (probably the most comprehensive general purpose decoder).

Regards

Jim Holland
System Administrator
MANGO - Zimbabwe's non-profit e-mail service