New problem with dvips and latex-beamer

Help! This morning a new problem has emerged using the latex-beamer package and dvips. I have not changed my workflow, so I'm guessing it's the result of an update somewhere along the way. The issue is, after I use latex to generate a dvi of a set of lecture slides, I then use dvipdf to create the presentation file. It says:

aperrin@che:~/afshome/classes/soc10/spring06$ dvipdf socthinking
dvips: no match for special paper size found; using default

then the slides are placed on "pages" such that they take roughly 1/6 of each page, in the bottom right corner! This did not happen as recently as yesterday.

Any advice will be most welcome.

Thanks,
Andy

Andrew J Perrin - andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu - http://perrin.socsci.unc.edu
Assistant Professor of Sociology; Book Review Editor, _Social Forces_
University of North Carolina - CB#3210, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3210 USA
New Book: http://www.press.uchicago.edu/cgi-bin/hfs.cgi/00/178592.ctl