Re: gnome & firefox & thunderbird

Kevin B. McCarty on 23/01/06 17:34, wrote:
Currently the link opens in an existing Firefox window AND in the
background, so I have to go looking for it and then work out whether
I want to go back to the page the browser window showed before.

Could be simple, but could be impossible - anybody know?

Simple if you know exactly where to look.  In Firefox, open the
preferences (Edit->Preferences), select the "Advanced" tab, and click
the "+" to the left of the "Tabbed Browsing" heading.  This should open
up the following set of radio buttons:

Open links from other applications in:
(o) a new window

Oh, you make me look so stupid, but I am v.v.v. grateful.

Thanks
Adam