Printing out a large volume of email

Dear group,

I would like to print out a mailbox containing about 1,000 emails. The
mailbox is in mbox format currently.

One option is to write a short Perl script which extracts each email and
produces a long text file containing a series of formatted header/body
pairs, which I would then send through a2ps or enscript. This would be
fine except for one problem: I would prefer that page breaks not fall
within the headers (which will be about 4-6 lines long depending on
prettifying).

Has anyone faced this problem in the past, and, if so, what was your
solution?

Thanks very much for any help,

Reid