[SOLVED]Re: firefox printing: extraneous printers, removing xprint and dependencies

On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 09:19:17 -0800
Andrew Sackville-West <andrew@farwestbilliards.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Jan 2006 12:13:46 +0000
> Clive Menzies <clive@clivemenzies.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > On (18/01/06 21:35), Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> > > I have several extraneous printers in my Firefox (1.07) print dialog
> > > in my pure sid system. They each end @:64  (such as hppsc1200@:64).
> > > The archives at
> > >
> > > http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2005/06/msg00282.html
> > >
> > > suggest this is caused by Xprint being installed. I really don't care
> > > that these printers exist, except that they don't work correctly. I
> > > normally print with CUPS but the CUPS printers are not the default
> > > forcing me to manually select them each time :-(
> > >
> > > Okay, so, per the thread referenced above,
> > >
> > > sudo apt-get --purge remove xprint

okay, this works just great. I did it from an x-term with firefox sdtill running... woooo scary. No problems except the firefox print dialog was slow to start until I had killed and restarted firefox. that is all..