Re: Debian Etch DVD download help

On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 10:45:40 -0800
Marc Shapiro <mshapiro_42@yahoo.com> wrote:

> That's real interesting.  Just for chuckles and grins, I tried it here,
> using Firefox and Mozilla Suite, with these results:

Perhaps you and the OP are using the wrong ftp mirrors? I am a bit
confused on how the hungarian site compares to the etch dvd images that
are "snapshots" downloadable by jigdo-lite. So far I have only obtained
etch this way (i.e., jigdo-lite).

If one goes here:
http://cdimage.debian.org/cdimage/weekly-builds/i386/jigdo-dvd/

one can grab the jigdo header & template files. When I last did this
for etch (november?) I got a good installable first iso dvd image,
which is enough for my purposes - it's nearly complete (well equivalent
enough to the first 6 or 7 CD isos, and the rest I can grab off the net
anyway. :)

But if one goes to the other referenced site i.e., fsn://HU - also one
finds jigdo templates but they aren't the same size as the ones on the
first referenced link.

For me, obtaining the images via jigdo is a treat. :) Especially given
the fact that I can use the existing dvd as a source and it'll grab
only the needed changes from the net, and then I can rewrite the iso
back to the disk (dvd rw, of course).

dfox@tsoft.com                            change magnetic patterns
dfox@m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com               on your hard disk.