Re: Firefox print problems after recent test/unstable upgrade.

On Thursday, 19 January 2006 at 19:23:54 -0500, Tom Allison wrote:
> I (accidentally) upgraded one of my workstations to Xorg on either
> testing or unstable along with several hundred other packages.
>
> Most of it I've managed to get working again.
>
> But I wanted to check with the community to see if they have noticed the
> same problem.
>
> When I am using FireFox and try to print anything it freezes up for
> 10-30 seconds before I get the print dialog button, then another 5-10
> seconds before I get the printer progress bar.
>
> It's printing to a cups printer on another box.

I have two boxes with xorg now, and have seen no similar problems.  In
fact, I don't think I can tell the difference, except that I prefer to
write 'vim /etc/X11/xorg.conf' over 'vim /etc/X11/XF86Config-4' simply
because it is about three characters shorter and doesn't keep changing
case.  My point is: I have seen no downside to the change to xorg.

--
richard