Re: Photo collection management

Nils Erik Svangård on 18/01/06 15:17, wrote:
Have you tried f-spot?
/nisse

On 1/17/06, *Piotr Kopszak* <kopszak@mnw.art.pl <mailto:kopszak@mnw.art.pl>> wrote:

    Couple of days ago I decided  (evidently too late!) that the amount of
    pictures on CD-ROMs  and on my disks has attained  critical mass and I
    no  longer   am  able   to  get  any   orientation  whatsover   in  my
    pictures. That's probably the moment when most other people also think
    about finally  starting to use some collection  management software. I
    spent  couple of  days looking  but haven't  find anything  that would
    really suit my needs, that is:

I just save my jpgs onto my harddrive. Have about 5 years worth now. Not so much, about 2 gigs worth / 2000 files. Labelled them all by date and with a v. v. short desc. Doesn't help you I know but even I'm not happy with it anymore.

Apparently Adobe's photolibrary is meant to be really good, although I haven't seen it or have a clue if anyone's written a clone in linux.

i'd be interested to know if there's some sort of jpg metatag system as for mp3s.