Re: Photo collection management

Have you tried f-spot?
/nisse

On 1/17/06, Piotr Kopszak <kopszak@mnw.art.pl> wrote:
Dear list,

Couple of days ago I decided  (evidently too late!) that the amount of
pictures on CD-ROMs  and on my disks has attained  critical mass and I
no  longer   am  able   to  get  any   orientation  whatsover   in  my
pictures. That's probably the moment when most other people also think
about finally  starting to use some collection  management software. I
spent  couple of  days looking  but haven't  find anything  that would
really suit my needs, that is:

1. Possibility of cataloguing my old CD-ROMs without the need of copying
   them to disk.
2. No need to rename any files.
3. Possibility to read and write EXIF and IPTC data (and really use them in
   cataloguing pictures)

I guess that's  it for now. I would be very  grateful if anyone shared
his or her experiences in a similar case.

Piotr

--
   Piotr Kopszak, Ph.D.
   Polish Art Gallery, National Museum in Warsaw