IMAP Server Requirement

I hope I'm asking this question in the right place. If not please let me know where to go.

I work for a fairly small company who, like a lot of companies, relies heavily on email. For reasons that unfortunately I had no decision in, and cannot contractually change in the next two years, we are tied into using a POP3 email service. The server has great uptime and great throughput, so no worries there. However, it has very little (read: none!) disk space reserved for email. This causes us to have to set a server storage limit of no more than 20Mb for each user. This is suitable for most people, but those of us in the IT department and our mobile users would be better served by an IMAP server with larger amounts of storage.

I'd like to then setup an IMAP server on another machine, with more storage, and have it pull email from the regular POP server and make it available to a limited number of users. It will be hosted inside our network, with no outside access, except through already configured remote means.

What software do I need to use to make this happen? I've read about a number of different pieces of software but can't figure out what would be best. I don't want you to walk me through it step by step, just point me in the right direction and give me a push!

Thanks,
Ropetin.