Re: rpc.statd paranoia

Sorry, I don't know where, but I must have made a mistake somewhere regarding this.

I checked my bash history and I looked where i could have done this but saw nothing...

I again simulated the removal of portmap with apt-get and things seemed normal this time... no removal of GNOME. Put that in the x-files section.

:/

On 1/18/06, Greg Norris <haphazard@kc.rr.com> wrote:
On Wed, Jan 18, 2006 at 04:41:02PM -0400, BTP wrote:
> apt-get --purge remove portmap reported a required removal of GNOME
> which I did not want, so I instead used the "update-rc.d portmap
> remove" alternative.

Interesting.  I've got gnome installed (although I currently use xfce4 :)
with portmap purged... I don't recall having to do anything special.