xkbcomp - bad length in Geometry

I have a sacrificial machine which I update to the latest sid every morning.
This morning is pulled in bunch of X updates, and after the upgrade startx
complains that xkbcomp found an error as above.  Any idea what to do
to fix this problem?  Which file has geometry for xkbcomp defined in it?
I tried Google, but nothing seemed relevant, and I am unsure which
package xkbcomp comes in so I am not sure which to look for bugs in.

David