Roni Rachi wrote:

I have the net-install Debian "Etch" AMD64 version. When I select any
of the US servers, it will download some files but then stop and say
Could not find security updates at security.debian.org
<http://security.debian.org/>, so then I continue and it asks me if I
want to be in the Debian popularity group, I say no to this and
continue. After that it says a lot of errors and says "aptitude
failed" and something was not installable. My system specs are as
follows:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ overclocked at 1.998GHz (original clock 1.8GHz)
Motherboard: Asus A8N-E nForce 4 Ultra
Video Card: Asus Extreme N6600 Silencer (nVidia GeForce 6600 GPU)
RAM: OCZ Premium-Series 1gb (2x512mb) PC3200 DDR400 DDR SDRAM in Dual
Channel Configuration

Thanks in advance if you can address this problem.

Can you send us the error messages? And have you tried with an non-US
server?

Chris.

Hi, again!
Did you, as I told you try another image of netinstall? One from an other day. The very same problem occurs to me about two weeks ago, wit a configuration similar to yours, AMD 3200, asus A8N-E, 1 G Ram in 2-512.... The main problem, I guess as you did not post the error messages, is that same package are broken, and the installer does not want to install anything. In my case it was some libs for a game in KDE, and a few other things!!! So I went for one box installing a basic box, and fetching the rest the hard way: apt-get install... Found it painfull, so I tried a newer, or older, don't recall, I did so many trials, image and it finally worked, except for KDE, but that is 'only' about 10 metapackages to install after.