AMD64 "Etch" Net-Install Help

I have the net-install Debian "Etch" AMD64 version. When I select any of the US servers, it will download some files but then stop and say Could not find security updates at security.debian.org , so then I continue and it asks me if I want to be in the Debian popularity group, I say no to this and continue. After that it says a lot of errors and says "aptitude failed" and something was not installable. My system specs are as follows:

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3000+ overclocked at 1.998GHz (original clock 1.8GHz)
Motherboard: Asus A8N-E nForce 4 Ultra
Video Card: Asus Extreme N6600 Silencer (nVidia GeForce 6600 GPU)
RAM: OCZ Premium-Series 1gb (2x512mb) PC3200 DDR400 DDR SDRAM in Dual Channel Configuration

Thanks in advance if you can address this problem.