Re: Most directories locked read-only: how to unlock them?

Ken Heard wrote:

I first tried Steve Kemp's suggestion, because it was the simpler, as it did not require use of a live CDROM. He warned me that the command "mount -n -o remount,rw /" might not work. It didn't. It returned

    EXT3-fs: Unrecognized mount option "drfaults" or missing value
        mount: / not mounted already, or bad option

That looks like you mistyped "defaults" as "drfaults" in your
/etc/fstab file.

Daniel