From: Chris Bannister [mailto:mockingbird@ihug.co.nz]
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2006 4:02 AM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: (EE) xf86OpenSerial: Cannot open device /dev/input/mice: No
Such Device

On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 07:20:33PM +0000, Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 11:54:00AM -0700, Ed Young wrote:
> > I can't get X to start because apparently because the mouse device
> > can't be found, though the device directory entry seems to be there:

> > Falcon:/etc/X11# ls -la /dev/input/mice
> > crw-rw----  1 root root 13, 63 2005-02-25 23:43 /dev/input/mice
> >
> 2.6 kernel? Video card? More details please.

ROFLOL, Video card?

Install gpm so mouse can work in tty as well as X (very handy) and in
/etc/X11/XF86Config-4

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Configured Mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"
        Option          "Device"                "/dev/gpmdata"
        Option          "Protocol"              "IntelliMouse"
        Option          "Emulate3Buttons"       "true"
EndSection

--
Chris.
======