Re: (EE) xf86OpenSerial: Cannot open device /dev/input/mice: No Such Device

On Wed, 11 Jan 2006 11:54:00 -0700
Ed Young <eddythejekyll@gmail.com> wrote:

> I can't get X to start because apparently because the mouse device can't
> be found, though the device directory entry seems to be there:
> Falcon:/etc/X11# ls -la /dev/input/mice

could it be that your mouse is not at /dev/input/mice? might be at /dev/psaux or elsewhere? if you still have your working ubuntu setup, check out its /dev/input/mice, it might point somewhere else.