Re: Kickstart floppy Debian

TAC Forums wrote:

Hi All,

Our company needs to install Debian 3.1 across several computers which
are not connected to each other and reside on separate locations.

But, the configuration of each of these PC's need to be the same.

FAI , which is a tool to install several machines automatically, not
requiring user intervention would not work for us, as it installs over
the Network.
I wonder what is wrong with "tar". Setup a system, when done, tar it all up, burn to a CD, then place it onto your other system.

It would be wise to preserve permissions. This should work with _any_ linux distribution.

(Note: I have never done this - just don't see what's wrong with doing it that way).

Alternatively, one can use dpkg with --get-selections and --set-selections.

Is there a kickstart floppy installation like in Redhat for Debian?

Regards,

Boskey
--
TAC Support Team