Printer woes

Hi,
I just installed a printer on one of my debian machines (Epson Stylus Color 1520/cups/foomatic).
It works locally.

I need to use it from windows, so I followed the "Debian and Windows Shared Printing mini-HOWTO".
Problem is my XP client found the printer ok, but the "Printers and Faxes" panel reports: "Access denied, unable to connect".

The debian server is also acting as file server (samba, working ok) and DSL firewall (eciadsl/shorewall), in doubt if that could be the culprit I opened also the cups port (631), but, as suspected, no joy.

Enhancing log verbosity to debug doesn't show anything useful.
If I try to refresh the printer and faxex panel does not show any log activity.

Can someone (pretty please) point me in the right direction?

TiA
Mauro