Re: Strange Printer Problem

Leonid Grinberg a magnifiquement tapoté sur son clavier avec ses gros doigts boudinés:
Hello,

This happened two weeks ago, and I ccan't seem to figure out why:

I was trying to print a document from my printer, and it printed fine.
Everything worked perfectly, and the paper came out great. Next, I
opened another document that needed printing, but this time it
wouldn't print! When I went to the Gnome printer administration tool,
I saw that the printer was paused with the job still in the list.
Trying to print some more, kept making jobs appear. At the moment,
there are 16 jobs in the list!

The printer is an HP Deskjet 6540. It is connected via USB to my
Debian machine, kernel 2.6.

The status message shown is:

Paused: Unable to open USB device "usb://6540?serial=<serial number
here>": No such device

Does anybody have any ideas?

--
Leonid Grinberg
lgrinberg@gmail.com

try lsusb to check if your device is accepted by the system

--
La vie c'est comme un concombre...
des fois tu l'as dans la main...

Paul Presbois (Poète avant-gardiste)