Re: KDE 3.5

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 16:43:49 +0200
David Baron <d_baron@012.net.il> wrote:

> I have it working off a konstruct build.

About 2 weeks (?) ago (I run etch) was only able to get kde3.5 via
konstruct - only a few files refused to build - krita, kaffeine and
some others. But kde3.5 was mostly compiled. Still had diffculty
running it - there might have been dcop corruption, I am not sure - but
starting it basically ate up all my swap. (Actually this was possibly a
week ago - I notice my uptime is now 7 days, and I think I had to bring
the system down because of that issue -- anyway, it was pretty recent.

But I since have been able to bring in the alioth kde 3.5 packages
without aptitude trying to remove 400-odd packages or having it tell me
such and such package is uninstallable. Most of what comprises kde3.5
is installed now. Still no kaffeine (doesn't seem to be available
yet -- aptitude reports no candidate versino found.)

> Is this thing ready to play of Sid or should I stick with my konstuct build?

Don't know for sure, since I am using the alioth packages and those are
not "official" debian. It will probably be sometime before they enter
testing, at any rate.
dfox@tsoft.com                            change magnetic patterns
dfox@m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com               on your hard disk.