Re: Can't open port 3306 on eth0 but can for lo

On 15 Jan 2006 10:07:26 -0800, Tim <tmdavis@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to open port 3306 on my Debian server to the LAN. I already
> have a firewall separating me from the outside world, so my server can
> be completely open if necessary. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get
> iptables to do what I want. The port 3306 is accessible from the
> loopback adapter (lo) but not from my network card (eth0). When I try
> to connect to mysql from another machine on port 3306 using telnet, I
> get "Connection refused."

[big snip]

from /etc/mysql/my.cnf:
# Instead of skip-networking the default is now to listen only on
# localhost which is more compatible and is not less secure.
bind-address          = 127.0.0.1 192.168.0.1

Check that (and set your ip accordingly)

--
~ Darryl  ~ smartssa@gmail.com
http://smartssa.com / http://darrylclarke.com