Re: (solved)Re: how to convert 100 bmp files to jpeg?

Serena Cantor wrote:

Thank Brad Sawatzky, Star King of the Grape Trees, and cmetzler@speakeasy.net!!!

Does Linux have to be so hard to use?(The user has to
be able to program in shell script or C or other)
Without Brad, I'd rather download Photoshop which has
a menu for batch convertion.
Thanks!
I think you could do this with mogrify (part of imagemagick package).
I did it once and worked just fine.
It was a long time ago, but I remember it was something like:

mogrify -format jpg *.bmp

I know your problem is already solved, but GNU/Linux is not that hard to use, is just a matter of knowing the way to do what you want to do. The same happens everywhere. Let's assume that you are in Windows and don't know that photoshop can do it. You would have asked, and if someone tells you that you have to do a script you would say that Windows is hard, but it's not; that way to do it is hard, but is not the *only* way.
Besides, scripting is not hard neither.

--
Cheers

--
Gabriel Parrondo
Linux User #404138

"In theory there's no difference between the theory and the practice. In the practice There is."