Re: (SOLVED) Logrotate don't route

David Jardine ha scritto:
On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 10:14:35PM +0100, Marco wrote:
David Jardine ha scritto:
On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 09:09:57PM +0100, Marco wrote:
David Jardine ha scritto:
On Mon, Jan 09, 2006 at 10:12:46PM +0100, Marco wrote:

Hi all,

I have make in /etc/logrotate.d a new file (as name backup) for rotate my backup's log.
This is the text in my file:
/var/log/backup {
 rotate 4
 monthly
 compress
 delaycompress
 missingok
 notifempty
 create 640 root adm
}
I have also restart my system, but my log don't route.

[...]

The filename at the end of the command line must be the name of the configuration file.

The filename at the top of the configuration file must be the name of the file to be rotated.

Is your logfile named - exactly - "/var/log/backup"? If so,
	logrotate -f /etc/logrotate.d/backup

should work.

[...]

I David,
I have try with logrotate -fv /var/log/backup and now work correctly. :-)

I don't understand how! If /var/log/backup is your logfile and /etc/logrotate.d/backup is the config file for the rotation of that logfile, you need /etc/logrotate.d/backup in the command line.

For the benefit of anyone who might read this later when looking for a solution to a similar problem, could you confirm what command you used?
I David,
Excuse me, I'm crazy :-)
I have correct my /etc/logrotate.d/backup file from:

/var/log/backup {
rotate 4
monthly
compress
delaycompress
missingok
notifempty
create 640 root adm
}

to:

/var/log/backup.log { #(because my backup log is /var/log/backup.log)
rotate 4
monthly
compress
delaycompress
missingok
notifempty
create 640 root adm
}

After I have try with this command "logrotate -f /etc/logrotate.d/backup" and now
logrotate work correctly! :-)
(And, by the way, don't send a cc when you reply to the list.)

I'm sorry :-)
Thank you very much for your support!!!

Have a nice day!!!

Bye