Re: (SOLVED) Logrotate don't route

On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 10:14:35PM +0100, Marco wrote:
> David Jardine ha scritto:

> [...]

> >The filename at the end of the command line must be the name of
> >the configuration file.
> >
> >The filename at the top of the configuration file must be the
> >name of the file to be rotated.
> >
> >Is your logfile named - exactly - "/var/log/backup"?  If so,
> >
> >	logrotate -f /etc/logrotate.d/backup
> >
> >should work.

> [...]

> I David,
> I have try with logrotate -fv /var/log/backup and now work correctly. :-)

I don't understand how!  If /var/log/backup is your logfile and
/etc/logrotate.d/backup is the config file for the rotation of that
logfile, you need /etc/logrotate.d/backup in the command line.

For the benefit of anyone who might read this later when looking
for a solution to a similar problem, could you confirm what command
you used?

(And, by the way, don't send a cc when you reply to the list.)