Re: FAT patents. Do we need to revive non-US?

On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 22:28 -0600, Mike McCarty wrote:
> Marty wrote:
> > John Hasler wrote:

> >> Marty writes:

[snip]

> > If their laws have nothing to do with Debian, then why shouldn't US laws
> > have nothing to do with Debian?  (It seems like a double standard to me.)
>
> Laws apply to places where the governments enforcing them choose to
> exercise jurisdiction.

Because of extradition treaties, that could be in a foreign country.

Ron Johnson, Jr.
Jefferson, LA USA

"Tell a man whose house is on fire to give a moderate alarm; tell
him to moderately rescue his wife from the hands of the ravisher;
tell the mother to gradually extricate her babe from the fire
into which it has fallen; but urge me not to use moderation."
William Lloyd Garrison, abolitionist, 1831