Re: FAT patents. Do we need to revive non-US?

Jason Michaelson wrote:
> One thing that i find interesting about this is that if, indeed, the
> patents only apply to using multiple directory entries on an "8.3" file
> system to simulate long names (as appears to be the case), digital cameras
> don't fall under the patent.

Personally, if someone can show that fat long filenames are the only
thing that falls under the patent, I think it would be great if support
for them got removed from linux's fat filesystems. It's not as if
windows manages to use long filenames consistently anyway, so everyone
knows how to deal with MICROSO~.1 already.

--
see shy jo