apt-listbugs and security

Hi,

What am I to do with the bug reports I regularly
receive from apt-listbugs when installing or upgrading
debian packages?

I installed Debian Sarge because I am a relative
beginner and didn't want to worry about OS and
application security issues. Now I administer a
Media-Wiki based site, security has become more
important.

I have just installed apt-listbugs and discovered lots
of grave and critical bugs with many security critical
packages such as sudo, ssh. I chose Debian Stable
because I thought it would be just that. Is there a
*really* stable and secure Debian fork - suitable for
users with only middling expertise?

Cheers,
Dave