dpkg-reconfigure debconf

During a normal Sid upgrade to the latest xorg, some thing went wrong and it didn't work. When it rebooted and dropped me straight to a terminal, I said, no problem; I'll apt-get install xserver-xorg. It didn't work. I removed X (since it never compiled properly in the first place) and tried to reinstall it. It needs debconf and friends. Well, I had set dpkg-reconfigure debconf to use KDE-style dialogues. That's very nice, but now I need to use it with out X so that I can get X.

So, the question is: How do I reconfigure debconf to use dialogue (or which ever the option it is not to use KDE or Gnome style dialogues)?

Thanks kindly in advance.

(And yes, I know removing X wasn't so smart. I admitt, I gaffed a bit. Please don't boil me in a cauldron.... ;) )

--
—A watched bread-crumb never boils.
—My hover-craft is full of eels.