Re: fsck Fails On Reboot After Partially Completed Testing Upgrade

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006, Debian User Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
> the list and the 2 related bug reports. But, being relatively new to Debian
> and linux, I don't know how.  My time zone is CST, UTC-06. Time in KDE is
> set to CST and I can't find a way to change it. I did a 'date -u' to change
> clock to UTC and got:
>
> ChatagnierL-Home:/home/lchata#  date -u
> Mon Jan  9 00:18:09 UTC 2006
>
> versus Sunday Jan 8 18:25 CST, if ok so far, then
> set UTC=yes in /etc/default/reS

To change your HARDWARE clock to UTC:
   1. Set the normal clock to the right wall time in your current timezone
      (using date --set)
   2. Edit /etc/default/rcS, set UTC=yes
   3. Reboot.

> Then, do I need to set TZ=CST+06:00 also or is the above sufficient?  Or,

Just placing the hardware clock in UTC is enough.

> should
> this change alone provide the workaround?

Yes.

> Will KDE still read out CST or UTC?

CST, it does not affect the system timezone.

  Henrique Holschuh