Re: realtime kernel module

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 20:57:01 +0000
jpdrawneek <j.p.drawneek@durham.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi i wish to use the realtime kernel module for jack, and i notices that
> it was in the unstable debian branch.
>
> Any idea how I get my sarge 3.1 install to use these packages?  Also I
> reckon i would also need to take the kernel to something a bit newer
> than 2.6.8, so what needs to be done other than apt-get on these
> unstable packages.
>
> Also does any one know how well the realtime kernel packages works?  Is
> it work my time to compile it from source?
>

> --

It's not clear what packages do you mean. You should state the package names.
You can have packages from unstable. The procedure is described here:

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-howto/ch-apt-get.en.html#s-default-version

Warning: mixed system could be dangerous!

Andrei
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. (Albert Einstein)