Re: GPG error on apt-get update

Adam Porter wrote:
Chinook wrote:

Joey Hess wrote:
Bernd Prager wrote:
Hi,

I'm getting a GPG error when I execute an apt-get update:

But root has the required keys in the pubring:
I've been following this issue and also did:
debian1:/home/leec# wget http://ftp-master.debian.org/ziyi_key_2005.asc
-O - | sudo apt-key add -
debian1:/home/leec# wget http://ftp-master.debian.org/ziyi_key_2006.asc
-O - | sudo apt-key add -

The wgets were successful but didn't help the "Not Authenticated" issue.

They have to be in apt's keyring, man apt-key.

So how do you get them there Joey?

That's the part I've missed in "Check the list for the last few days"
Adam.

The two commands above that pipe to apt-key should do it.  They worked fine
here (I just installed the 2006 key).

Grasping at straws here...have you apt-get updated since then?  Do you have
any non-Debian repos in your sources.list?  For example, I have nerim.net
and a few others, but many of them also have signing keys, just like
Debian.  A few don't, but I just ignore the warnings on those.  Are you
running the latest version of apt?

Adam,

I've been testing an 80GB disk clone so I have not had a chance to try your suggestion until now.

I did an apt-get update, then brought up Synaptic and no more "Not Authenticated" warnings :-) Guess I missed the obvious, but it was not obvious to me. I've run across it in the Debian user guide, but didn't place enough importance on it to remember.

Thank you for the missing piece to the puzzle,
Lee C