Re: GPG error on apt-get update

Andrew M.A. Cater wrote:
On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 07:44:39PM -0500, Chinook wrote:
Joey Hess wrote:
Bernd Prager wrote:
Hi,

I'm getting a GPG error when I execute an apt-get update:

But root has the required keys in the pubring:
I've been following this issue and also did:
debian1:/home/leec# wget http://ftp-master.debian.org/ziyi_key_2005.asc -O - | sudo apt-key add - debian1:/home/leec# wget http://ftp-master.debian.org/ziyi_key_2006.asc -O - | sudo apt-key add -

The wgets were successful but didn't help the "Not Authenticated" issue.

From a command line/terminal - change to wherever you downloaded the
keys to.

You have the two keys - ending *.asc [Commands below indented by one tab
for visibility only].

	apt-key add ziyi_key_2005.asc

You should get a GPG message ending OK

	apt-key add ziyi_key_2006.asc

And you're done.

HTH,

Andy

[New version of apt - 0.6.43 - in unstable today - probably includes the
requisite keys.]

I guess we're on different wavelengths here Andy? My understanding of the cli is that the wget "-O -" option sends the info gathered to stdout and the "|" passes the stdout to stdin which is what the apt-key "-" option picks up to add. Am I misunderstanding???

As a sidenote, apt-key list shows the 2004, 2005 and 2006 keys. They are there, but I still get the "Not Authenticated" warning in Synaptic :-( Additionally, as I noted previously in this thread, the issue persists with a newly created (Jan 6/06) Etch CD install.

I'm thinking that it is just a case of the dust not settling yet :-)

Thanks for the reply,
Lee C