Re: Question: How to start a program at boot up with root privileges?

On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 11:19:03AM +0100, Michael Wuest wrote:

> Now my question is, what do I have to do to get the programm
> started at boot up (with rcS???) having root privileges???

  You place a script in /etc/init.d, and then add it to the
 relevent runlevels via the 'update-rc.d' command.

  The manpage will give details, as will this article:

  I'm unfamiliar with the basic you mention, but it is worth noting
 that at bootup you'll not have access to the X11 display, so if
 your program is graphical your approach will not work ..

Steve