TCP not working over ppp connection (WAS: 5th day using Linux...)

I thought it would be prudent to repost my issue given that I figured out
why my Dynamic DNS services do not work...

I am Using Debian 2.6 Kernel and the Kyocera KPC650 PCMCIA modem card over
Verizon.

Ok, just blew away my machine completely. Set it up with ONLY the ppp
interface. The goal right now is just to get ppp0 working with a dynamic
host service before I do anything else to the config.

I did a "linux26" install. No GUI, no Ethernet.

To get my modem to work I had to do the following: (I got these instructions
from other people using this modem in a Linux environment and some that I
figured out by dumb luck)

modprobe usbserial vendor=0xc88 product=0x17da maxSize=2048 (I have to do
this every time I reboot. I am not sure why, but it is very annoying)

ln -s /dev/ttyUSB0 /dev/modem (I have to do this only once, otherwise the
dialer uses device "modem" which is not linked to any actual port)

nano -w /etc/ppp/options
(I add these because they are not supported by my modem and cause a
disconnect every 2 minutes) passive silent -all

After all this, I can dial-up using pppd, I get an IP, the connection seems
great, I can ping IPs on the Internet and domain names - DNS resolution
works like a champ, etc.

I have confirmed that all outbound TCP traffic is being somehow blocked from
going over ppp0. ICMP works just fine. I think that this is why my dynamic
DNS services are not working.

What would cause this?!

Tyson Varosyan
Technical Manager, Uptime Technical Solutions LLC.
tyson@up-times.com
www.up-times.com
206-715-TECH (8324)

UpTime/OnTime/AnyTime