Re: ssh to remote machine with user login problem

> Hi Guys,
>
>   I have created a ssh key and i have copied that key over the remote
> machine.When i login as root ssh to remote machoine will work without
> problem.When i try to login as user every time it is asking for the
> password.
>
> some one help me how to make it work with the user login where i need to
> check or i nees to copy key file to user home directory.

You need to copy the 'authorized_keys' file from the ssh directory of the root
(/root/.ssh/) to the user ssh directory(~/.ssh) and then make sure that the
file is owned by that user and the permissions are 600.

>From security point of view you shouldn't use the same public key to access the
system as root and as user. But that takes down to your preference.

Pavlos